هندسة الموانئ البحرية
This training course will provide participants with a solid grounding in the technologies, concepts, methods & hydrodynamic theories used in the planning, design & construction of harbour facilities
Key Learning Objectives
The course will help to improve your understanding of the full lifecycle of port planning and design, examining:
- Port planning
- Coastal processes
- Channel design
- Wharves and jetties
- Environmental approvals and mitigation
- Case studies
About the Course
This training course will provide participants with a solid grounding in the technologies, concepts, methods and hydrodynamic theories used in the planning, design and construction of harbour facilities.
It will illustrate the important issues by reference to case studies and will provide participants with the methodologies needed to plan a port design program and to review those designs when presented.
Participants will learn to appreciate the impact of nature’s forces on the ultimate layout of a commercial port, and will be examining the various principles for optimising the location and sizing of key harbour components such as breakwaters, jetties, navigation channels, docks and basins.
The course will give a broad picture of the work and interaction of oceanographers, coastal engineers, port designers and construction companies, using actual case studies from around the world to highlight the topics discussed.
Modelling, both mathematical and physical, is really important in successful design. By reference to examples, the various options available will be explored in some detail.
Equally important is the ability, with simple techniques, to verify that the models are providing sensible and accurate results. By referencing to previous projects, the course will discuss some of the tools and techniques available to conduct reviews of the various modelling processes.
Who Will Benefit
– Engineers and graduate engineers – who have come through university who want to receive some practical, specific applied knowledge and skills
– Structural designers – to help understand the various criteria and traps they may not have otherwise considered
– This course will benefit those who need to understand the ins and outs of a port development project and what all of the processes are about
– For senior people responsible for managing a new port design – this is a good foundation for understanding all key criteria and the logical process